Tuesday 26 January 2010

And so it begins!


Thank you for tuning in to my training blog!

As you will have noticed, I will be running the London Marathon this year on behalf of The Elephant Nature Foundation, a charity that I care passionately about.
I volunteered at Elephant Nature Park in Thailand in 2007 and ever since have wanted to contribute, in some small way, to the work Lek and her amazing team do.

This blog is intended to act as a focal point for anyone interested in supporting the cause and for me to let everyone know how my training is going for the big day!
I will update it regularly with anecdotes from the road as well as some photos and memories from my time at the park and hopefully some interesting elephant facts!

Please log-on regularly to see how I am doing and to offer your support for the cause. To sponsor my efforts and those of the staff at the park, please follow the link and give as generously as you can, every penny will go towards preserving the future of the Asian Elephant!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this. My husband and I also volunteered at ENP in 2007 and I have always felt like ENP is my home. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison and Michael, many thanks for your message, it is great to hear that ENP means so mush to so many people that have visited!
    I have just got back from work and am going to head out for a run before it gets pitch black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark,
    we were in the same volunteer group in 2007. Me, you, Sara and Mhari had the bamboo raft adventure. We crashed into the bank thanks to me... and the bridge I think.
    Glad to hear that someone took the place at the marathon for ENP. I am no way near fit enough and could never have done it justice. I am so proud of you and will be rooting for you. Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hayley, Thanks for the message!
    Lol - I remember the raft incident(s), those things were impossible to steer! Good times though!

    I really appreciate your support, hope I can do it justice too :)

    ReplyDelete