Friday 26 March 2010

Welcome Home.


I got back from my holiday in Morocco late last night, apologies for not being able to update my blog whilst I was away however, I did manage to get some training in!
Inspired by the warm weather I managed to get runs in around the city, along the beach and, most enjoyable of all, up in the Atlas Mountains (pictured). That run in particular was a real delight as it took me through a number of beautiful mountain villages just as the sun was setting. Just about everyone I passed wished me "Bon Soir", "Bon Chance" or "Bon Courage!" whilst a number of children and 2 stray dogs jogged along next to me for parts of the run. My Favourite moment (apart from the amazing scenery) was when one charming young chap compared me to Hicham El Guerrouj - the Moroccan middle distance legend who won 2 Olympic and 7 World Championship Gold medals and still holds 3 World Records!! Probably a tad generous!

You will hopefully be pleased to hear that despite a late night and the usual post holiday depression, I still managed to get out for a run this evening - partly because the race is only 1 month away and partly to thank all the wonderful people that have sponsored me whilst I have been away!

No comments:

Post a Comment