Thursday 11 March 2010

What are the chances?

Now that I am starting to run for longer distances I thought I would treat myself to a new pair of trainers. After trying on half a dozen pairs I settled on the most comfortable ones that of course, also happened to be the most expensive!
I was looking forward to trying them out so went for my planned 9.5 mile run but probably should have spent a little more time wearing them in.
After a few miles I could feel a blister appearing so had to slow right down which was a bit disappointing.
However, when I got home I discovered that the blister wasn't the worst thing that had happened during the run!
I have been out training about 25 times in preparation for the Marathon so far and couldn't believe that my first run in my brand new, shiny white trainers was also the first time that I managed to run through some dog's mess!

I believe this is called "sod's law"!

No comments:

Post a Comment