Tuesday 16 February 2010

Chasing the stag(s)


Unfortunately I had to have an easy few days at the end of last week as I had a bit of a stomach bug and then was away at the National Squash Championships in Manchester for 3 days (watching, not playing!). As a result, I didn't get much running done, so I put an extra bit of effort in this evening - did about 9.5 miles but ran it faster than I would have done normally to make up for not doing much in the previous few days. Tomorrow I intend to run the distance of a half marathon - 13.1 miles! The theory being that I have a couple of months to go and if I can do half the distance now I should have just about enough time to get up to the full distance in time for race day!

However, there are a few more hurdles coming up in the next couple of weeks that might slow my progress! Two of my friends have decided to get married just before the marathon in April - their stag dos are on the next two weekends so I will have to get all my training runs in during the week!

If you would like to sponsor me please go to the Elephant Nature Foundation Just Giving page by clicking 'Here'.

No comments:

Post a Comment