Wednesday 10 February 2010

Winter Warmers

In 1959 DuPont invented Lycra - I hadn't realised until the past week that they had invented for men like me!

The past two days in Cambridge have been freezing cold and my nighttime training runs have been particularly grim. I haven't been able to feel my feet, hands or face and this evening I also had snow and ice to contend with; the only saving grace has been my fantastic new Lycra trousers!
After only a few runs into my training regime I noticed my legs were taking ages to warm up due to the cold temperatures and as a result I had a few minor muscle pulls and aches. So I invested in the aforementioned trousers and they are brilliant - OK, I wouldn't want to wear them to the pub and I'm glad that I have been mostly wearing them in the dark but they keep my legs warm and best of all they have a little zip pocket for me to put my door key in!

Incidentally, the London Marathon 'meet the experts day' that I went to at the weekend was really good. There was lots of great information available about nutrition, training and what to expect on the day and if anyone out there decides to do the Marathon in the future I would really recommend getting along to one of these events. The best thing was getting a look at some of the other charity runners, being a fairly competitive chap I was delighted to see there were plenty of people there that I reckon I can beat!

We are now up to £190 for the Elephant Nature Foundation - a great effort, thank you. If anyone would like the honour of getting us over the £200 barrier, please get in there quick! - http://www.justgiving.com/running4ENP

1 comment: