Wednesday 3 February 2010

Head, SHOULDERS, knees and toes

Despite having played various sports for years, I have never been a particular fan of warming up and when I have done so, a few leg stretches usually suffices.

However, I have discovered in the past couple of days that a thorough warm up really can make a difference! I noticed on Tuesday that my shoulders (not legs!) got really tight and sore half-way round my 11 mile route and when running; there is little one can do to solve the problem except making large cartwheels while going along which looks fairly stupid.
Before today's run I spent a few minutes stretching my shoulders out and low and behold I didn't have any problems!! = lesson learnt!

As an update, I have now covered a total of 69.6 miles around the streets of Cambridge and am now having to plan routes further afield!

I would just like to say a HUGE Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me so far! At the time of writing we are up to £130, which is a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment