Friday 26 February 2010

Into the light...

I had the day off work today because I'm heading back home to Kent for an old school pal's stag do, but rather than waste the day I took on a 14.8 mile route through the sports fields and along the banks of the river in Cambridge!
This sounds like an idyllic, relaxing day out but considering it was the longest run I have done so far it was anything but! This was partly due to the distance involved but also due to the ridiculously muddy conditions in some of the fields! It wasn't raining today but I stupidly didn't think about the huge amounts of the wet stuff we have had all week! Some parts were so bad I had to stop running and strategically hop across each muddy obstacle trying to keep out of the worst bits. My magic trainers that have got me through all of my training so far got filthy as did my Lycra trousers :(

However, on the positive side, today was the first run that I have managed to do in the light of day which made a really nice change!! Maybe I should have more days off work to train?

Also I am really pleased to announce that we are up to £337 which is just over 1/3 of the way towards the £1000 target!
If you would like to add to the current total please click 'HERE'!

No comments:

Post a Comment