Tuesday 23 February 2010

Second Place = Not Too Bad?


For those of you that follow the blog, I am delighted to announce that I survived the first of the two stag dos with only a few bruises and a hangover to report - Congratulations Andy on your great send off!

Now...back to running around in the dark!
I had noticed on my last few training sessions that I had been seeing loads of people out running; the funny thing was they were all going the opposite way to me! Perhaps they knew something I didn't? After having a think about it I concluded that, although I wasn't overtaking many people myself, the fact that I wasn't being overtaken at all could only mean one thing! I must be the fastest recreational, evening runner in all of Cambridge!

Tonight I found out that this is in fact not the case!
I was 5 miles into my 12.28 mile route when there was a flash of Lycra and another runner flew past! He was going so fast I didn't bother to speed up at all. I tried to kid myself that he was probably only running a short distance but he wasn't breathing hard at all, we were on a long straight road and he just kept pulling away into the distance. Disheartened, it was at this point that I began to really notice the weather conditions I was running in - it was dark, wet, cold and miserable - moments later it began to snow :(

Apparently I am only the second fastest recreational evening runner in all of Cambridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment