Tuesday 20 April 2010

Five


Today I had my first ever Sports Massage in an attempt to get my legs in good working order and hopefully help my sore Achilles tendons. After having a good poke around the therapist informed me that there wasn't anything seriously wrong with my tendons which was a great relief and means that when they start getting sore on race day I should be able to run through it without anything snapping :(
After the safety briefing, in which I was told to let him know if the pain got above 8/10, he set about his work and to his credit the pain never got above 7/10 (significant discomfort). There were apparently lots of knots in my calf muscles and hamstrings which he was able to straighten out; in theory the process will help me get round the course on race day, although I left the studio feeling much sorer than when I went in!
Today was also an exciting day on the fundraising front - we are now up to 99% of my sponsorship target, a significant milestone that means we require the slightest of pushes to get us over the finish line - thank you all for helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment