Wednesday 7 April 2010

Need for Speed


As well as doing lots of running (about 350 miles so far) I have also been playing my usual sports including football and squash. Although they don't specificaly help one prepare for running a marathon they definitely help with general fitness and in squash's case, speed! The idea being that if I play lots of squash, I will be able to unleash a devestating sprint finish as I come down the Mall to the finish line on the big day!
I ran just over 18 miles on Saturday and had a practice sprint finish at the end. It is quite possible that the casual observer wouldn't have noticed the change of pace but I definitely did, so am now confident that the .2 miles at the end will be no problem - the 26 miles beforehand however is another question!

I would also like to thank everyone at England Squash & Racketball for their generous sponsorship - www.englandsquashandracketball.com

We are very nearly up to £800 which is really pleasing thank you all for supporting the Elephant Nature Foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment