Sunday 25 April 2010

What a day!


Wow - what a day indeed.

I am delighted to announce that today I finished my first Marathon!!!
I got round in 3h 35 mins which is more or less what I was aiming for which I was really pleased with.
I won't lie, it was really hard and from about 20 miles it got really tough but the sense of the occasion, atmosphere and support from the enormous crowds got me over the line. I would like to thank Roger, Hinesh and any other elephant fans that came out to cheer all the runners (and me) on!

I am really pleased with how the whole process has gone and am really appreciative of all of the help and support I have received, especially from all of you who have sponsored me. We have raised a whopping £1117 for the Elephant Nature Foundation so far which I am as pleased with as the actual race!

Not sure if I will ever do another one, ask me in a couple of days....

1 comment:

  1. That was a great day, you got a great run and time. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete