Sunday 11 April 2010

Two Weeks to Go!!!


Today marked two important milestones, firstly there are now only 2 weeks to go until race day (agghhhhh!) and secondly, it was my birthday!

As there is only a fortnight to go, it is now time to start taking it easy so my body can recover from the abuse of the last 10 weeks. There are apparently no further benefits to be gained from putting in any more long runs; in fact doing so would probably have a negative effect on my performance on the day. I will be running a few miles every couple of days to keep things ticking over but the most important thing will be rest and recuperation - sounds good to me!
I have picked up a couple of sore achilles tendons over the past few weeks due to all the running on hard surfaces so taking it easy is just what I need - hopefully I will be 100% fit on the morning of the big day despite now being 1 year older than I was yesterday :( !

More importantly I am really hoping to reach 100% of my fundraising target in the next two weeks - and as we are up to 92% it could well happen - please click 'here' if you would like to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment