Friday 23 April 2010

THREE!


My race kit is now washed and ready for race day - watch out for a white Elephant Nature Foundation t-shirt and black shorts!
Also planned my route down to London on Saturday and importantly my trip to the start line!
For the past few days I have been eating even more than normal to make sure my energy stores are maxed out - one of the best things about training for a Marathon!
One more day at work then the final chapter of my first Marathon weekend will begin!

I have picked up loads of good advice from a number of people that have done it before - here are the best bits:

1) Don't run too fast
2) Drink before you get thirsty
3) Tape painkillers to your arm to take when it starts to hurt!
4) Put Vaseline on everything
5) Smile as you cross the line (for the camera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment